Medical abortion by phone (teleabortion)
Home abortion, also known as tele-abortion or a medical abortion by phone, provides a safe and private way to terminate an early pregnancy with medication without having to visit one of our clinics or find a local prescriber.
At-home abortions do not require you to visit one of our clinics, rather, we provide you with all you need to have your ultrasound performed. You then have a consultation over the phone with one of doctors specialised in medical abortion treatment. You are then sent the abortion medications by courier, which take 1-3 days to arrive, and then proceed in the privacy and comfort of your own home, with free access to our 24/7 nurse aftercare service.
Our home abortion service is a convenient, affordable and discrete way of accessing abortion services, with a specialist provider leading the standard of medical abortion care in Kenya.
Process for medical abortion by phone
You may be eligible for a medical abortion by phone if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Live in the Kenyan Capital Territory, Nairobi.
- Live within 2 hours of 24/7 emergency medical care such as a hospital emergency department
- Can understand and speak English (interpreter unavailable for this service)
- Have access to the internet
- Are no more than 8 weeks pregnant (56 days) at the time of your consult by phone with the doctor